“ There are no coincidences. ” I was hoping to writ his book along with Amina 's Voice, but soo realized it wasn ’ t working in my favor me because as Ron Swanson likes to say, “ Never half-ass two things.
• We have a phenomenal first chapter from the pov of eleven-year-old Virgil Salinas with a supporting grandmother that tells of her dreams and stories!! • We also have an amazin cast of diverse characters who won over my heart:- Virgil Salinas is shy and kindhearted and feels out of place in his loud and boisterous Filipino-American family.- Valencia Somerset, who is deaf, is smart, brave, and secretly lonely, and hate everything about nature.- Kaori Tanaka, whose family is Japanese-American, is a self-proclaimed psychic with a little sister Gen as her second-in-command.• Can we take a minute to talk about how Kaori is one of my avorite characters ...
• the humor is on point: “ Something will happen to you, ” Kaori continued.Virgil looked at Gen. She shrugged. “ That ’ s it? ” said Virgil.
• So as Kaori had foretold to Virgil- “ What I mean is, I see you in dark place. ” “ Dark how? ” “ Just dark. ”- he'd gotten trapped at the bottom of an old well thanks to the worst of humans throwing Virgil's backpack, which had Gulliver, his pet guinea pig, in it.
• Oh, and circling back to the worst of humans, I have nly one thing to happe to the bully, Chet Bullens, whose family is probably full of Trump supporters… • On a les positive note, there 's some magical realism aspects thrown in to further enchant my heart.
• And the story continues full of busy happenings that lead to friendship, kinship and family.